Thursday 24 May 2012

A couple of early morning thoughts.


I woke up extremely early this morning and thought YES time to get up and WRITE. 

I realised two things. 

I have strayed very much from my chapter plan. 

Getting up early can be productive. 

But that I shouldn’t gloat too much about the fact that having got up early there is so much potentional for productivity.

That doesn’t get much done. 

Make that four things. 

Nor will I get this draft done of this particular story before Camp NaNo. 

Okay five things. 

Why is it that I always lag around 30,000 words? I can’t conceivably see how I’m going to get to 50,000, but when I do NaNo it happens anyway. When I don’t do NaNo it just doesn’t happen. 

That was more than two thoughts and it's certainly not early morning anymore... oh well. Off to enjoy the sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel; there is no way that I can manage to write anything near 50,000 words without NaNo.

    It's the combination of the deadline, the competition and the adrenaline. I think the habit of writing a set amount daily helps too. I've tried doing it out of NaNo, but without everyone's support as they do it with you I just find it impossible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, its so difficult! Maybe one day... but at least camp nano is so soon! That's one reason I'm doing it really! xx

      Delete
  2. I hope everything comes together soon (and that you got some good sunshine)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been lovely weather here which has been great (very hot though!) xx

      Delete