Monday 4 June 2012

Camp Updates

Camp NaNo seems to be going well so far (famous last words....). It's strange though how the idea and story has changed so quickly within a couple of days. With, for example a slight change of cast. When I first conceived this plot idea, these two characters were not even in it. Now they're really important and central and the story seems to be going a completely different way to the way that I expected, which is also interesting.... I seemed to have been filled with an obsession for writing this story and I was scribbling away last night in my notebook, hit by sudden inspiration... only now I have to type it all up. Whoops. Oh well. Can't stop thinking about the characters, which has to be good. I'm writing this all out of order, which I never normally do, so it's interesting to see how this is going to work. I seem to be writing things that are going to happen later on, but I suppose if it's getting the words down, it's no bad thing. Better get on with some writing!

I also wanted to show you guys this, which you've probably already seen. Neil Gaiman posted this brilliant cartoon today, based on part of his brilliant and really inspiring speech at the University of the Arts in Philadelphia, America. It is such a wonderful speech and if you haven't already watched I recommend that you do so! You won't regret it!

8 comments:

  1. I just love it when the story starts to lead you instead of the other way round - that's when I finally know I've got into my stride. Good going; keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Me too - I managed to hit 10,000 this morning just becasue I couldn't didn't even look at the word count... these are the moments I love! Thanks :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've never managed to write a novel out of order before, some how my mind can't get around the idea lol. Good luck with the rest of NaNo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really done it before but so far it's going well for me! Thanks! :) xx

      Delete
  3. I just watched Neil Gaiman's speech--it was so wonderfully inspiring! Good luck with these new characters--sounds like your story is coming together. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, isn't? I'm glad you thought so! Thank you, yes it seems to be at the minute which is very exciting. xx

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, love your pretty blog! Best of wishes with Nano this month. It has been quite a challenge. I love the bit of inspiration from Gaiman. It is SO true! :)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Thanks - how is it going for you? Hope its all going well :) I'm glad, it really is brilliant isn't i! :) xx

      Delete