Wednesday 24 October 2012

It's that time of year.

I haven't been feeling well the last few days: stupid sore throat, and now a blocked nose, which just makes me feel so tired and useless. I hate those days when you don't feel 100% and you can't get everything done that you want to.

Frustrating isn't it?

I guess it's that time of year.

But it's also that time of year where I, and hundreds of other people, are beginning to gear up for NaNoWriMo. Knowing that I am most definitely a plotter, I have been planning away and getting excited, meeting lots of new people - and I even went to a KO meeting. I know right! My housemates might even be doing it this year... NaNo house?!

Poetry is in full swing as well. We have to put together a portfolio to hand in after Christmas, so I have begun to think about that and am putting some ideas together. My housemate and myself have been persuaded into reading some poetry at an open mic thing which is TOMORROW. TOMORROW. Oh my goodness. Being ill is making me sort of forget about that, so maybe that's good?! I'll let you know how it goes. If I survive it. (I will). I hope.

P.S. I am formulating crazy (expensive) ideas for next summer.  Trying to be brave and do exciting things, that scare me (that includes this reading because that's terrifying) and wondering whether to do exciting things next summer. Maybe.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! And good luck with your open mic night, you are so brave for taking that on, I think I would get up there and just freeze LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too! Thanks... I think you mean crazy, haha! Not sure why I'm doing it. Trying to choose what I'm going to read... no idea! Ah! xx

      Delete