Saturday 1 December 2012

December Time!

Christmas is coming!

I can't believe it's December already -where has this year gone? Seriously, it has rushed by so quickly - so much has happened, and so much has changed.

I'm feeling particularly Christmassy this year. I normally resist it - or I have for the last few years, but this year I'm very much into the festive spirit, actually (on the whole anyway) looking forward to Christmas, and listening to lots of Christmas music (there's a whole radio station dedicated to Christmas music I was informed and this is amazing!), writing Christmas cards and things (which this year I've made... very exciting!). I even made mince pies on Sunday with a friend! It's hard to believe that there are only two weeks left of term - in just over two weeks I will be at home. There's lots coming up and it's going to be fun to be so busy with Carol services, and Christmas meals and all sorts of fun Christmassy stuff. I can't help but feel like I'm not as busy as I might have been last year (believe me I'll probably take back those words next week) but this weekend has been very quiet, with both my housemates away or working.

I can't believe how quickly this term has gone. It still feels like we're going to settle into it sometime, only thing is that it's nearly over! which is just insane really. 

Walking to work this morning I suddenly fancied a nice warming casserole tonight like my Mum used to make (it's got so cold here in the last couple of days. Now it's stopped flooding you know). So I made that this evening and it was delicious. Now having a nice evening doing some editing, and tyring to make myself do productive stuff, or work out what i need to do. I'm putting together my end of term poetry  portfolio for my module this term, which is exciting and good fun, I just have to work out the critical essay bit! I started editing the story I wrote in the summer too today, and I'm glad to get into that. I am alternating between editing the two stories, and sad as I do feel to not have my NaNo novel open every day, it is actually quite nice to be doing something else! And it gives my hands a little bit of a break.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I wrote a post today wondering where the year's gone too! Good luck with your revisions, and enjoy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, nice... it's that time of year I guess! Thank you :) And you! xxx

      Delete