Tuesday 15 January 2013

Poems and Classes

So guys look at this! It's a poem by me, on the blog of our uni's arts magazine site. So the poem isn't perfect and looking at it again now I would probably change things about it, but still! Exciting to see my poem on another blog and for them to chose it. Yay :) The start of things to come? Who knows.

Spent today in the company of some wonderful people from my poetry seminar and Maxine Chernoff, an American writer and professor who is visiting the university this week and I went to a masterclass run by her, and then a poetry reading. It was really good and great to get a different perspective on things and meet some new people!

I have my first fiction class tomorrow morning (9am) so I really need to get some sleep, and I am looking forward to it, but having enjoyed the poetry more than I ever thought I would, perhaps not as much as I did before. Still, would be good to do something different again. Although I miss my poetry class already! Luckily most of the same people are going to be in it, but it's going to be very different.

My story draft (Love-All) is going well too - have been making the big change to it that I was afraid to make, and now I'm really super excited about it all again and keep getting so many new ideas for it. It's a lot of work, but I'm enjoying it so I think that's good. So much editing to do, but I'll get there. Of course! Loving working on this too. I'm still working on my other story as well (George's Garden) trying to make the first chapter super snappy and intriguing. Phew! Busy, busy!

Feeling postive about things though at the minute. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment