Sunday 24 February 2013

Volunteering Fun!

This week I did something a little different and spent the week volunteering with Animated Exeter, Exeter's Animation festival.

It's been a hectic week, with so much other stuff on as well, but I'm so glad I did it, it was FANTASTIC. I met some amazing people and the whole atmosphere was just so brilliant and lively... and it's impossible to put it into words. It's so great to spend time with a bunch of people all so enthusiastic, and friendly and all there because they chose to be. Everyone was just so great. And I had great fun helping out in workshops (even though I knew nothing about animation it was fine because the kid's software was so easy to use) and stewarding events and out on front of house answering questions, sorting groups out for a game that was running.

I saw lots of people I know from the other volunteer stuff I do at the Phoenix too, and also people I know from all over the place, so that was cool. And most of the volunteers were English students, so that was awesome.

I could go on and on, but I won't. It was a fantastic week, and all came to an end last night with an end of festival party (after we had to stand in the freeeeeeezing cold for an hour in a park for a firework finale thing), which was awesome. Had a great night and we all bonded even more as a group.

All in all, it was fantastic and I'm definitely going to do it again next year. I really enjoy doing that sort of thing, and it's great to know that I can do it! Whoooop :D Now things are back to normal, and luckily I have my usual volunteering to get back to, although I really want to find some more festivals to volunteer for. Does anyone else do any volunteering??

It does mean that my work and writing has suffered, so today I'm cracking all with that, although feeling a little coldly :(

No comments:

Post a Comment