Wednesday 19 February 2014

Spring is finally coming!

It feels like it's been a long, long time since spring, and summer, and sunshine, and warmth. The South West has been hit particularly bad recently, with floods and strong winds, and the coast line being battered violently. The main train line, I'm sure you're aware of, into Cornwall and the rest of Devon has been destroyed at Dawlish. My poor beautiful Fowey has been battered too, with constant floods, and the beaches and coast being hit hard. For a few days too, the entire South West was completely cut off by train to the rest of the country. That was a strange feeling.

But Spring it seems is around the corner, and we've had a couple of beautiful days. It's so nice to feel the warmth of the sun on my face again. It definitely lifts my spirits, more than I ever think it does. Spring flowers are coming out too - daffodils, crocuses, and primroses. I love seeing Spring flowers. It's one of my favourite times of year. It holds so much hope The promise of warmer, longer days, and beautiful flowers, and happiness, and summer ahead. I just love this time of year so much.

The longer days - they make me very happy too. It's so nice that it's not dark at 4 o'clock. I could go on, but I won't.

It's been a while since I blogged. I really don't know where the time has gone! I feel like I'm very busy at the moment, with barely enough time for a lot of things, let alone blogging! I seem to have what feels like hundreds of projects on the go (my own fault) and so I swing between being perfectly happy with the amount of things I'm trying to do, to freaking out at the amount and not really getting ANYTHING done on any of them, because I keep flicking between them, or being unsure what I want to work on. Oh, and I have to plan out my script for the end of this module, and start thinking about dissertation ideas. Oh yeah, so I'm not taking on much at all.

But then, I was away this weekend (at the Harry Potter studios - AMAZING, such an amazing trip. I love it there so much. Best day ever. And also catching up with my wonderful friends from home <3), and following that I had a couple of busy days, which meant I didn't have a chance to sit down for a solid period of time and get any writing done. This morning I finally got a chance to just sit and write, and I forgot just what a feeling it is, and how much I need it just for myself - and my own well being.

So despite all that up there, I know that I need to write, just for me - and I don't mind what it is, whether it's blog posts, small ideas, working on bigger drafts, writing news stories or whatever - just writing the words is what I need and want. That's what I live for. It puts my mind at rest, means I can get out all those crazy thoughts in my head, even if it's through a character living in the Swiss alps training to be a spy (current work in progress and rough draft btw - no idea where it's going, but it's fun). I need writing. It's not just a desire to be published or whatever, it's a deep, deep need, that I think I've always had.

And this got way deeper than I imagined! I'll leave it there for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment