Tuesday 19 August 2014

A funny back to school feeling

Does anyone else get that? That funny back to school, end of the summer feeling, that just fills you with dread? I'm not even going back to school - university or anything this September, and yet that feeling is still there. There's just this feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling of dread that the summer is nearly over, and that once again there are so many things I never did, so much time that has passed and I don't feel like I have achieved anything at all. Which is absurd - but there are so many things I wish I'd done.

But the nights are already getting longer, the days are getting colder, and it feels like summer has once again slipped through my fingers.

So many dreams, so many ideas, plans.... that didn't happen.

Do you know the feeling?

I know that September is often nice weather wise, but I still feel like I've missed something. I don't know what.

But, I discovered today that the plum tree, just as the damson tree, is absolutely laden with plums, so that's nice - lots of yummy plums to eat! And our tomatoes are ripening, which is rather exciting. I do love this time of year, and all the wonderful things you can pick in the garden.

But I just want to hold onto summer a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment