Friday 7 November 2014

A cold chill

Well, I think winter is definitely here! This week was much colder than it has been up till now - hats, scarves, and gloves have been cracked out.

This was the deer I saw last week on my walk:

Beautiful!

This week has been a mix of weather - wet and dry, but also chilly! It's been a week of lots of layers, and hats and scarves. I spent one morning this week helping to rake up leaves, and also set up a bonfire! Sadly we had the bonfire during the day, rather than in the evening, but it was on Bonfire Night so I think it counts! That bonfire smell is wonderful isn't it? And it certainly lingers!

Also this week, I received my MA results (with Merit!), which I was delighted with - and very relieved. Time to crack on with the real world now I suppose though....

I've also been writing some short poems, so here's another autumn themed one (although I suppose it's nearly winter now!):

Autumn Morning 
The ground is speckled with a thin 
layer of white, which glistens
in the morning sun. Outside, 
you can see your breath
form in the air and footprints
lie across the twinkling grass.
Webs hang between plants and branches, 
lit up and shining 
like twinkling lights
far away from here.

See you next week!

P.S. I've also been making some YouTube videos recently about books and things. Check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment